NOPD Announces Violent Crime Arrests and Clearances December 12-18
The list below lists arrests or warrant authorizations obtained between December 12 and 18, 2021 as part of violent crime investigations conducted by the NOPD:
- On December 16, detectives from the NOPD Homicide Unit arrested Lenton J. Vanburen (photo, black man, DDN: 06-15-1998) for second degree murder. The incident occurred on November 29 in the 9700 block of the Chef Menteur Expressway.
- On December 12, NOPD Eighth District officers arrested Kevin O. Adams (pictured, black male, date of birth: 02-05-2003) and a 17-year-old (not pictured) for attempted second degree murder. The incident happened on December 12 in the 700 block of Canal Street.
- On December 12, detectives from the Sixth District of the NOPD arrested Donovan White (not in the photo, black man, date of birth; 04/01/1991) for second-degree aggravated domestic assault and battery, illegal carrying of a weapon and illegal use of a weapon. The incident happened on December 12 in the 100 block of South Liberty Street.
- On December 13, detectives from the NOPD Second District arrested Joseph Perez (photo, Hispanic man, date of birth: 05/11/2003), Erik Ruiz Ramirez (photo, Hispanic man, date of birth: 11/24/2003 ) and a 17-year-old a young man (not shown) in two incidents – an armed robbery that occurred in the 10-100 block of Dreyfous Drive on December 7 and a armed robbery at the intersection of Loyola Avenue and Jena Street on December 12. The suspects were each booked with two counts of armed robbery and one count of illegal possession of stolen items. Those arrested have also turned out to be suspects in multiple incidents of armed robberies and other crimes in the New Orleans metro area.
Other important arrests
- On December 14, detectives from NOPD’s Second District – with the help of Eighth District detectives – arrested Andre Waters (pictured, black man, DDN: 04/09/1993) and Terrill Dew (pictured, black man, DDN: 11-02-1996) on charges of car theft, drugs and possession of firearms. The auto theft incident occurred on December 3 in block 600 of Esplanade Avenue. During the execution of a search warrant on a stolen vehicle, Waters and Dew were found in possession, detectives confiscated approximately 3 pounds of marijuana and six firearms. An additional arrest warrant has been obtained against Geourvon Sears (photo, black man, date of birth: 08/09/1997) in connection with this incident.