Gold House Hosts Inaugural Gold Gala With Major Launches
LOS ANGELES, May 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Gold House, the leading Asian and Pacific Island (API) community of changemakers that unites, invests and promotes creatives and API businesses, has launched its first-ever Gold Gala, a historic gathering of API leaders and allies, on May 21, 2022.
The gala celebrated the A100 List of 2022, the definitive honor that recognizes the 100 APIs that have most impacted American culture and society over the past year. The evening was organized in collaboration with Meta — to continue a long-standing partnership with Gold House which honors and supports the API community through innovative programming, such as Meta Gold Talks, and brings distinguished API voices into the conversation and in-depth training for API-led startups.
More than 500 API celebrities, cultural leaders and business executives rounded out the guest list, including: Mindy Kaling, michelle yeo, Henry Golding, Daniel Dae Kim, Ashley Park, Stephanie Hsu, Auli’i Cravalho, Jimmy O. Yang, Kelly Marie Tran, Harry Shum Jr., Bella Poarch, Lisa Ling Prabal Gurung, Jeannie Mai Jenkins, Phillip Lim, Musa Tariq, Chloe Kim, Jay Shetty, Versha Sharma, Michelle Phan, Andrew Yang, the casts of I have never and Pachinko, CEOs and Founders of DoorDash, Match Group (Match/Tinder/Hinge), Hulu, Twitch, Classpass, Patreon, Airtable, Forbes, P&G, Brooks Brothers, Ancestry, Droga5, Publicis Groupe, Paramount, East West Bank, and more.
These guests are at the forefront of “The New Gold Age”, the theme of the evening, which represents API’s unprecedented brilliance and defiance amid ongoing violence and racism against the community. The theme was embodied in the modern Asian couture outfit, which featured several custom outfits created specifically for the gala.
A100 A1 winners Henry Golding, Simu Liu, Chloe Kim, Michelle Wu, and Payal Kadakia have been recognized as the most influential individuals in their respective industries over the past year.
A highlight of the Golden Gala was Mindy Kaling accepting the A100 Legend Award for his lifelong dedication to creating and embodying strong API characters and content. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan presented the award to his mentor in a heartfelt speech.
To close the historic evening, A100 Legend michelle yeo was the first-ever recipient of the To see her award at the Gold Gala for challenging gender stereotypes throughout her career. SeeHer, the leading global movement of media, marketing and entertainment leaders committed to the accurate portrayal of women and girls in advertising and media, presented the award alongside the filmmakers Jon M. Chu, Destin Daniel Cretton, and jonathan wang.
The rewards were custom designed by the artist Maia Ruth Leefirst winner of the Gold Art Prize Award.
Throughout the evening, Gold House unveiled a series of new initiatives to further its goal of uniting, promoting and investing in creatives and API businesses, including:
- Unity March: in partnership with Asian Americans Advancing Justice, APIAVote and a dozen other leading national organizations, Gold House announced a landmark policy slate and convening event in Washington, DC on June 25, 2022.
- golden story book: Gold House has launched the definitive guide and resource center to authentic API representations in media, based on years of cultural consulting expertise with all major studios, streamers and networks. The guide was created with the support of key partners such as The Walt Disney Company and offers additional resources through working with To see her, P&Gand more.
- #WriteHerRight AAPI: SeeHer and Gold House also announced a major partnership to develop a guide focusing on the importance of increasing accurate representations of AAPI women and girls in advertising and entertainment. A number of studios and networks, including AMC Networks and Paramount, have pledged to participate in the guide, which will launch later this year.
- Gold House Venture Network: Hot on the heels of the launch of its $30 million fund, Gold House Ventures, Gold House announced a new vehicle for executives, cultural leaders and founders to invest in sought-after venture deals and get prominent director and advisor positions.
- Gold Rush Accelerator Food & Beverage and Women Tracks: As part of their community accelerator, Gold Rush (whose alumni have raised over $400 million in follow-on capital), introduced two new leads that provide funding, promotion and distribution to culinary founders and women in partnership with Panda Express and Julia Gouw, respectively.
Specially Recognized Gold House Meta as a longtime supporter of advancing opportunity for all, and shared updates regarding their ongoing partnership to amplify, educate and grow influential voices in the Asian Diaspora with a focus on creating economic opportunities. This included the launch of Meta’s SME-focused channel – Meta Prosper – a new program to empower and elevate AAPI small businesses.
“We are proud to partner with Gold House to inspire a new generation of API voices. It is an honor to be part of the inaugural Gold Gala and to recognize some of the most influential changemakers in the community,” said said Cat Coddington, Head of North American Game Creator Partnerships at Meta.
On-site experiences for attendees showcased an array of cross-industry excellences, including: an exclusive viewing of the Vince Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy (generously loaned by the NFL celebrating with Taylor Rapp); craft drinks, afterparty and a huge ice bar hosted by Hennessy XO; curated playlists highlighting API artists by Spotify; interactive programming and special announcements with longtime partners like disney; and meaningful resources to highlight the importance of API names from Procter & Gambleof the pg.com/names campaign. Guests were also able to watch the APAHM 2022 video featuring the A100 winners, produced by Gold House and Google as part of Google’s efforts to emphasize Asian community and culture.
After the gala, the guests stayed for the afterparty, organized in collaboration with Hennessy XOwith a late-night bites menu curated by Panda Restoration Group and personalized boba drinks from Bopomofo Cafe.
The gala and afterparty took place at the historic venue Vibiane in downtown Los Angeles. Accommodation for the winners was provided by Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown and exclusive rides by BMW. The gala in partnership with We can do it to boost their vaccine and booster resources, without which an in-person event would not have been possible. The evening was also made possible by Nordstrom, East West Bank, Warner Bros. Discovery, AMC Networks, and other partners featured at goldhouse.org/goldgala.
About the Golden House
Gold House is the leading community of changemakers in Asia and the Pacific Islands (API), fighting together for socio-economic equity. Through a suite of innovative programs and platforms, the organization unites, invests, and promotes creatives and API businesses. To learn more, visit www.goldhouse.org or follow @GoldHouseCo on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
(Left to right, top to bottom): Prabal Gurung, Lisa Joy, Jose Antonio Vargas, Destin Daniel Cretton, Phillip Lim, Lisa Ling, Benny Luo, Bao Nguyen, Daniel Dae Kim, Joy Moh, Andy Kim, Jeannie Mai Jenkins, Michelle Yeoh, Bing Chen, Jeremy Tran
From left to right: Mindy Kaling, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan
From left to right: Auli’i Cravalho, Chloe Kim, Kelly Marie Tran
This content was posted through the press release distribution service on Newswire.com.
Featured Image for the Golden House